Thursday, July 16, 2015

Never Again

Never again. That statement came out of my mouth about 5 times yesterday in the span of 45 minutes. Never again was I going to get this out of shape. Never again am I going to let my weight get this out of hand. Never again am I going to be this inactive.

Prior to this pregnancy I was working out 6 days a week hardcore. When I found out I was pregnant, I went to doing light workouts 3 days a week to total inactivity. My diet suffered too. I ate too much, I stopped watching what I ate, I wasn't eating healthy. By the end of my pregnancy, I had gained 86 pounds.

Now a bit of this was bloat from the preclampsia and I lost half of the weight in two weeks. But I still have that other half to lose. I think this is some of my issue with the anxiety and depression. It's hard on your body when you do a 180 like that. Also, there are issues when you are overweight and not eating properly.

If I ever become pregnant again, I'm not putting myself through this again. I will not stop working out, I will not eat too much or so carelessly. I will continue to treat my body with respect. I missed working out. I missed the healthy, good food. I am glad that I am well enough to start doing it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment