Saturday, June 13, 2015

Welcome and introduction

Hello my name is Jessica and my son, Logan, was born on May 27th, 2015. This has been quite the world wind of a time for us, full of learning curves and lessons.  So I figured I would share my experiences.

My husband and I have been married for over 3 years now (our anniversary is September 4th, 2011). We bought our first house and decided that when we moved in, we would start trying to get pregnant. We moved in in May, I stopped taking birth control in July, and found out I was 2 months pregnant in October.

My pregnancy was not all peach keen, in fact I was downright miserable. My first trimester, I had horrible stomach cramps that were so bad I barely could eat. Actually, that's how I found out I was pregnant. I went to my primary doctor because I thought I might have some sort of ulcer or something of that sort. When I told her my symptoms, she said she thought I could be pregnant and she ordered some blood tests. The next day the labs came back and low and behold I was pregnant. I started taking some heartburn pills which didn't really help and tried to eat what I could.

My second trimester was quite so bad but I was still really tired. My weight was hard to control and I gained a lot. But things weren't that bad. But then during my third trimester, I became increasingly bloated and extremely tired. I spent most of the day lying on the couch because I couldn't bring myself to do much of anything.

Post pregnancy has brought back some of my energy (as much as can with sleep deprevation) and my bloating and weight have gone down to make me more comfortable. But our lives have changed so much and we are just trying to learn as we go. I find that writing out all that is going on is helping me with everything and my "words of wisdom" might help others women who might be feeling the same as me.

Comments are more than welcome and I would love to hear other people's stories too.

No comments:

Post a Comment